Amber Science Exploration Kit
Why is amber so important to scientists? How does it help them to discover more about our world during prehistoric periods? This Tanglewood Hollow science kit will help you learn all that and more!
This hands-on kit allows families to polish real amber specimens to see if there is any matter within! Use the gemstone-quality sandpaper to gently create a flat edge, or window, on your specimens so that you can peek inside! Each kit also features a model of amber-like resin with an insect encased for you to display in your nature collection and to extend your learning (they're great for use with a microscope!)
Included in this science exploration kit is:
- Three pieces of raw amber, ready for polishing
- One mode of amber-like resin with an insect to display on your nature shelf or use with a microscope (insects vary!)
- One stand to hold your model
- Two double-sided cards featuring information, facts, and directions on the history of amber use in science and polishing
- Five pieces of graded gem-quality sandpaper, ready for your amber polishing needs
- One amber-colored tin to hold your science kit. The top of the tin can also be used as a tray with water for polishing!
Tanglewood Hollow nurtures a deep love for reconnecting and building a stronger relationship with the natural world. Motivated by a desire to ensure that the next generation has the opportunity for meaningful encounters with nature, Tanglewood Hollow offers a selection of thoughtfully curated educational resources, curiosities, and nature-based products for families and children to experience.